Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Big Fish/Little Pond

Hi, I just got back from Lake Charles, LA, where I spent several days at the Southeast Outdoor Press Association's (SEOPA) annual conference. It was my first opportunity to attend a writers and communicators event, and I have to say that it was a great time. The members of SEOPA are some of the friendliest people I've ever worked with; they truly are a fraternity/sorority of like-minded individuals, and they like to have fun! Great food, music and Cajun hospitality were in abundance, and were much appreciated by all of us present.

I had the chance to attend several great seminars on media happenings and publishing, both print and digital. What I discovered is that most of the writers attending have something they'd like to publish, and need some assistance getting started with digital eBooks. My company, Little Pond Publishing, offers so many options for authors that it seems like we are a great fit for many of the people we met with throughout the week. Building long lasting relationships with the members of SEOPA is something we look forward to doing soon.

On a more personal note, my new book, Serpent's Curse, should be up for sale on the biggest online bookstores, Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com and iTunes.com very soon, hopefully by the end of next week. I'm getting more excited about this happening with each passing day. I hope you'll check it out when it becomes available; everybody needs to have the hair on their arms stand up a little once in a while!

If you do get to read it, please let me know what you think; I've got a sequel beginning to take shape in the darker corners of my mind.

Happy Halloween and see you next time!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations nephew, hope your book is a great success!

    ReplyDelete