Thursday, June 26, 2014

What's Your Dream?

I posted an excerpt of the final chapter of my new book about six weeks ago. It was titled "Life Calling," and it's one of my favorite stories from the collection. The book, my first venture into published humor, is called "Fish Tails -- Bones Not Included."  Here's a synopsis from the publisher that I think explains it all:


         Fish Tails is a humorous love story set amongst rivers and streams, lakes and lagoons and the big, beautiful oceans that surround us here in America. The tale takes you through fifty years of the author’s addiction to fishing; from the early days of freshwater bassin’ to stalking marlin in both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
         
         The book chronologically introduces you to the author’s early fishing mentor and their times together, and moves on to other friends and family members who have shared in his lifelong journey. It shows how Bradbury not only fell in love with fishing, but how he also developed a love of the outdoors, and a deep respect for conserving our natural resources for the generations that follow.
          
          But most of all, it’s a great collection of funny stories that the author has chosen to share with us. You’ll be hard-pressed not to crack a smile, or even chuckle out load, at some of the crazy adventures he’s had the good fortune to take part in. Everybody’s got their own stories, but Bradbury puts his together in an easy-going manner that you’re sure to enjoy!

A nice salute from my publishers; I'd like to thank them for all the time and effort they put in to make my dreams of being an author a reality. I certainly couldn't do it without their support.

We're getting very close to being finished with the production side of things, and the book should be available as both an eBook and a paperback sometime soon. 

For those of you who read my first book, "Serpent's Curse," I should tell you that this is nothing like that book at all. Fish Tails won't give you bad dreams, or make you worry about going to the beach. It's just funny stories. If you want to have nightmares, the sequel to Serpent's Curse will be out in the next couple of months. That one should take care of your fright nights! I'll keep you all informed as to when it will hit the stores.

But enough about me, dahling! What about you? Do you have a dream that keeps coming back to you? Is there something out there that draws you in, but you just can't seem to get the nerve to just do it?

I'm here to tell you that you can do it! All you need to do is retire and start all over again. I know, it may sound scary, but if you do it, you might find yourself happier than you've ever been in your entire life. I loved to write when I was in college, but spent over forty years of my life in sales and management jobs before I sat down at my PC and starting writing stories and articles, recipes and travel logs. That led to writing books, and I absolutely love every bit of it.

You're too young to retire, you say? Okay, I get it, but you can still find time in every day to pursue your dream until the day comes where you're ready to let it be your life. You've all heard the boring line about "Life being too short," right? As you get older, that window of opportunity you think about every day shrinks incredibly fast!

Suddenly you're in your sixties and wondering why you never took that chance to be something else. It's a rare person who has the strength to go out and pursue their dream when Life stares back at them every morning in the mirror, but those who grab their star are usually the happiest people you'll meet. Grab yours!

I have a friend I worked with in advertising sales whose dream was to be an actress. She started doing local theater productions and was noticed by someone who cast her in an Indie film he was doing. She's done a couple of others, and she's getting regular work in Florida-based commercials. She doesn't sell advertising anymore; she sells herself!

You can do it! Don't listen to everybody who says you're crazy. You probably are, but who cares? Life is short; take charge of it!

And this week's words of wisdom: If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it!



Thanks as always for sharing your time with me!


Mark T. Bradbury, Author



For information on my book, "Serpent's Curse," please follow the link:
http://littlepondpublishing.com/book-titles/serpents-curse-by-mark-t-bradbury
It's now available as a paperback at Amazon.com.

For those of you who would like to try the first seven chapters of my book "Serpent's Curse" FREE, please click on the link below:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/1456c9f6ce6cc2b2






2 comments:

  1. Well I accomplished my "dream" to retire at a young age and I did just that, I was 51! I worked for 35 years and was worn out from day-day struggles and when my company told us they needed to "downsize" and I was going to have to take a "demotion" I chose to "cash myself out" and move north where life is so slow that a "traffic jam" is 2 cars behind a tractor trailer on a dirt road, lol. I have now been retired 20 years and I have no burning desire to do anything except read good books, eat good food and go to bed anytime I damn want to .... no alarm clocks, no boss and no time clock ....... thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed!! Let us know when the book will be out.

    ReplyDelete