Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tornadoes, Big Rocks, Snowbirds and "Vlad the Exposer"

I'm here in Florida, and our area here on the east coast is under a tornado watch. Hello springtime! After twenty years of living down here, I've actually started to pay attention to these alerts. With all the catastrophic damage throughout our country in the last few years, you'd be foolish not to heed these advance warnings. So, if you start hearing the sounds of clicking heels while you're reading this, or hear muffled cries of "Auntie Em" please understand that I've taken a break and I'm probably just out looking for my little dog Toto (or hiding under the bed).

Enough about the weather! Let's cross the pond for a minute and talk about the British Isles. I've started a new book (which will be part of an ongoing series) that involves White Witchcraft. For those of you who don't know what that is, let me make another Wizard of Oz reference; do you remember Glenda, the good witch? White, right?

After doing some research, I decided to start the series in the Neolithic Era around 3000 B.C.and move  forward into the future. Everybody knows about Stonehenge in England, I think, but did you know that Scotland and Ireland both have an incredible assortment of stone works that predate Stonehenge? Well I didn't, although I always heard there were other similar places of interest in the UK. I spent about 3 days going from link to link reading about one ancient site after another. If you're into big old rocks and ancient civilizations, get yourself to Wikipedia and go crazy!

Many of the sites I'm talking about were built before the Great Pyramids or the Great Wall in China. It's obvious that those ancient astronaut theorists who believe that aliens landed on Earth and helped to build these things may just have another mystery going on here. If they were here, they didn't skip the UK, that's for sure.The fact of the matter is that scientists still aren't sure how people built these sites, given the huge rocks that were used for construction, so who knows? I'm saying it was Wizards, and not aliens!

Spring Training! Baseball is everywhere here in Florida. Thousands of people from our cold, snowy Northlands have descended on our state to see their favorite teams in action. Our roads are full of people who don't have a clue where they're going; they stop in the middle of a lane when they realize they missed their turn, and pretend they don't see any of the other cars and trucks who've left half their tires on the road behind them. They ignore the not-so-friendly hand gestures of the angry mob as if they're oblivious to anything but their "own private Idaho."

Restaurants and bars along the water are packed every day. There's lines out the doors in most places, and the ones who are bitching the most about the wait are almost all Snowbirds! Kinda crazy, but that's the way it is. They want to know why everything moves so slow down here, and I just tell them it's our way of life in Florida. People who are born here take things slower naturally, and most of us who emigrated here came because we wanted to slow our "rat pack" lifestyle down a bit. So take a breath, my friends and be happy you're not up north freezing your butt off!

And seriously, would Vladimir Putin put a shirt on! What is up with that guy? I say he gets off his high horse, gets dressed and gets the hell out of the Crimea! The last thing we need in America right now is another foolish war. Aren't we in enough already? Stop the sabre-rattling and fix things here at home that are broken! I know, I try not to get political, but enough already! In a lighter vein:

 "Share" if you agree
 Something for my northern friends!

As always, please share this to your timelines or forward to your friends if you enjoy. Thanks!

Mark T. Bradbury, Author
Literary Associate of Little Pond Publishing
Digital Publisher | eBooks | Marketing

For information on my eBook, Serpent's Curse, please follow the link:
 
Serpent's Curse should be available as a paperback from Amazon.com by 3/15/2014. Here's your chance to buy it if you haven't already!






No comments:

Post a Comment